Thursday, July 22, 2010

We celebrated the baptism of Taylor Nicholas last weekend...after church we all gathered back at Niki and Adam's were we had these yummy sandwiches. I'm calling them "Niki's Sandwiches" in honor of their creator...(Niki is, i am sure, a very capable, but resistant cook)

I am passing them along because I'm thinking they could be easily added to any lake or tailgate menu pretty easily. (I had my second sandwich at room temp and it was still as yummy as the first warm one!)

I have also posted here a picture of the little man...I didn't get any good pictures of the baptism because I was chasing Chaney up and down the pews, but here is Mr. Taylor in his soccer gear. Dad says "getting prepared for 2014"...(Next World Cup)...



Ingredients:
2 packages of Hawaiian Rolls (12 per package)
1 ½ lbs. Shaved Ham
1 lb. Swiss Cheese shredded finely

Sauce:
1 ½ sticks of melted Butter
1 ½ Tbs. Dijon Mustard
1 ½ Tbs. Worcestershire Sauce
1 ½ Tbs. Minced Garlic

Instructions:

Line a 9 x 13 pan with foil. Cut rolls in half and place bottom on foil, fill with ham and cheese. Place top half of roll on top. Whisk together sauce ingredients and pour over sandwiches. Cover pan with foil and refrigerate overnight.

Bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Remove foil for the last 2-3 minutes of baking time for the cheese to melt and slightly brown.

They are also great reheated in the microwave! Enjoy!!!

5 comments:

  1. Oh, I've had those before. They are gooooood!

    ReplyDelete
  2. #3 was that Niki's jersey number for her sports teams?

    ReplyDelete
  3. well...#3 clearly would have been my number if in fact I would have found my sport! Not an athlete...not a cook...I liked it better when we were blogging about the girls!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kind of random but after reading this post, I started having a major craving for these little sandwiches (you could call it a pregnancy craving but I think it is just b/c they are so tasty). I was on my way to a meeting Saturday for a ladies club I'm in, thinking about these sandwiches and planning a trip to the market after the meeting to pick up the ingredients. Imagine my utter delight upon walking into the meeting and smelling from the oven none other than these exact sandwiches! A fewllow member was baking them for a snack for everyone. Talk about making my day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, they sound delicious, but I'm confused... how is the bread not soggy? Does it sort of crisp up in the oven?

    ReplyDelete