Sunday, August 22, 2010

I picked up some of those frozen "flavor-ice" ice pops at the store the other day thinking they would be a fun treat for Chaney..not only does she love them but UB, Dad and Mom have enjoyed them too! (a lot of after dinner, "What color do you want? What flavor is green? Didn't you have red yesterday; was it cherry or strawberry?") Which made me wonder why do we stop eating the yummy things we used to love? How good are animal crackers, peanut butter on soft bread, grilled cheese?? Another benefit of having kids...

Below is what Granny calls the "best banana bread recipe ever". She says shes tried "at least a hundred recipes". Im not sure about the numbers, but she does have a big birthday coming up so it might be accurate. (C, and by proximity Nellie too, has eaten about a loaf already this weekend!)

BEST BANANA BREAD EVER!

Oven 350

1/2 stick (4-5 tblsp) butter - softened
2 eggs
2/3 cup sugar
Cream together

1 1/3 cups flour
3/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp soda
1/4 tsp powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon

Mix together and stir into creamed mixture with wooden spoon - Don't use mixer

2-3 RIPE bananas (I often use those I have frozen that were going bad before I could use) Smash - get as creamy as possible so no banana chunks (I use fork)- Stir into above mixture

Makes 2 small loaves or 1 large - 30 min for small - 50 min for large
Freezes Super! Wrap in plastic and then in foil if freeze.

3 comments:

  1. Don't tell me you're eating fish sticks and orange slices and drinking milk out of tiny paper cartons, too... reminds me of Keystone ski school!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We haven't crossed the corner to fish sticks, cant bring myself to go there. We will save our first fish experience for fresh caught by daddy and uncle matt!

    ReplyDelete